• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First gen Dakota tail lights?

seanyb505

NAXJA Forum User
I was walking past some early 90's dakotas at the junkyard and got to thinking about the tail lights. The MJ was axed so the Dakota could be produced...I'm wondering if the lights were carried over for a year or two as they looked somewhat similar. Might make finding spares a bit easier.

I would say early ford ranger tail lights look closer to the MJ than the dakotas, but still the dimensions are different.

one of the more common misconceptions/bits of misinformation out there, unfortunately it's not true.

Someone should make tail light boxes for the MJ. They would sell really well. It wouldn't be that hard to make with the right sheet metal equipment

Yeah the older Dakota lights do look similar...... I grabbed one and took it to an MJ at a yard once and it's definitely much larger and not useable in the MJ.

If anyone has a hard time finding tail lights, I've got several.

There's a few other hoarders over on ComancheClub.com that have 'em to sell as well. So, in reality, replacements aren't that hard to find. :thumbup:

same... I cut the rear bed corners off if the bed is trashed yet has good corners, too. If the bed is in repairable condition I don't chop it up.

I usually swipe good tailgates too but I only have one more good one than I have trucks right now, and the same number as I have beds.

sign me up for the parts hoarder list too... I think I have 4? 5? sets of taillights now.

I have one more bed and tailgate than I have trucks, but that's made up for by the fact that the bed and tailgate on one of em is trashed, and will be turning into a trailer when it gets swapped out. I was thinking I might not bother building a trailer but it turns out it is free to put them on my insurance and very cheap to register so why not.

Back