• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thorley Headers

reson46

NAXJA Forum User
Is anybody running these? They are only $329 at Rocky Road with the down pipe. Is this a good deal or should I not waste my money and just get the Borla headers?

Thanks,

I run Thorley 633Y's on my '87 -- I'd'a rather kept the larger tube Mike Leach's on there, but had too many interference issues...

I like em - had em for like qty=2 years - still in fine shape -- for my $$$ I'd rather have them than a stainless steel set (the stainless stuff that I've run on other vehicles was far too brittle)

Price sounds reasonable enough...

Some fotos

The smaller diameter helpped me retain some of the torque that the Leach's didn't as well...

I've got one on mine. Bought from RRO. The packaging sucks, the header was poking out of the box in multiple places when I got it. The flange on it isn't machined flat. It has weld beads around the ports to it's hard to get the flange to fit flush.

If I did it again I'd get a Banks.

The packaging sucks, the header was poking out of the box in multiple places when I got it. The flange on it isn't machined flat. It has weld beads around the ports to it's hard to get the flange to fit flush. If I did it again I'd get a ....QUOTE]

Borla:D Oh wait I already did.
I bought a Thorley when I was building my stroker. The packaging was crap. As kroda said, it was poking out in multiple places, and it looked like it had been assembled by a high school shop class on weed. I was so disgusted I sent the thing back and bought a Borla.

Bones :skull1:

Back