• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The new XJ.

Joe94xj

NAXJA Forum User
The new XJ. 66 High Country Special.

7184943175_f1a4be2f01_b.jpg

Joe, I don't even like you -- one of 333 manufactured in '66 if it is actually a HCS... f'n dog.:cry:

It is a true high country. This is the the only one I have seen in person. It is very clean and 99% rust free. Acording to the vin decoder its #246 of 333. Just think of how many haven't survived. I Have been wanting a classic mustang for 20 years now. Since I sacrificed my 2011 mustang so we could buy the wife the JK. She said it was ok to get one. This one wasn't really for sale but I was able to work out a deal and I pretty much stole it.

have I mentioned that I hate you :D The ralley stripes aren't stock, but they're cool. My first car was a 65 2+2, forest green, white interior with factory air. I have very few regrets in life, I just don't think guilt and regret are beneficial emotions, but selling that car is one of those regrets I can't seem to get past. My wife was warned before she took the ring that at some point a fastback classic mustang would be back in my garage, and that I would probably pay way too much for it -- someday. kudos to you, Joe, there are a boatload (comparatively) of 67 HCS's, but a 66, that's a rarity.

The stripes are going away and the paint job is a garage job. It will be going in for fresh paint in December. That's the earliest I could get it in. Its a great car and it gets a lot of looks. Rides better than some newer cars out there. Everything is new or rebuilt and all the original parts came with it.

It may be a cheapy paint job, but the base is very close to one of the three colors it was available in. Bad ass -- I just searched the web and the only 66 I could find for sale was priced at $29900. I sold my 2+2 in 1987 for $3700 :cry:

I think this picture is kinda cool. This is a pic I found while doin research on the HCS. All 333 HCS mustangs were all shipped at the same time on the same train from San Jose, CA to Denver, Colorado. This is a picture of the HCS being unloaded in Denver in 1966. Maybe some where in this pic is my car. More info on the HCS can be found here if any one wants to read more. http://highcountrymustang.com/

mustang_train_66_rocket.jpg

I'm not sure my wife, nor my ass, can afford me to take a closer look. I have one money pit, I need no motivation to have another. So whatcha doing tomorrow? :D

you're evil. I've already done the "fastback" search on craigslist tonight, thank you -- this one's a better deal for what I'd be in for:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2984969027.html
5H85M15R33K93I83M1c4s1f0900ed4c8d1d0d.jpg

If I had any disposable income, I'd be checking that one out...

Saw that one. A few weeks ago. There was a 65 or 66 untouched fastback on there a week ago. Looks like its gone he was asking 9k. I am not evil just trying to spread the mustang fever.

I'm not a restorer -- that's actually one of the reasons I sold my 65 back in the day... it was too damn nice and too damn original. I'm a resto mod type guy... and I'm an early fastback guy... that white 65 is just my bag. Sadly, I am not anywhere near in the market.

Anyone want to buy a WJ? :D

I couldn't have passed that one up either, Joe. I think you're going to be really happy in it - groovy ride.

PM me when and where I can check it out -- I'm a touch nervous that it will have that mustang smell that all 60's mustangs have (I'm guessing its the naugahide formula or something)... smell is a powerful memory/emotional trigger. I might go home and sell a kid or something. :D

Been a while since ive brought out any pics of the pink house :)
having a hard time finding pics but we put this together for mom about 4 years ago
64.5 originally a 6 cyl car
resto/mod 302/c4/9"
I'll dig some more pics up tonight when i get home

stangback.jpg

and since this is a cherokee forum
IMG00246.jpg

my ex wife had a 64.5 w/ the 260. Nice resto mod. But there is something protruding from the front of your XJ... you should have that looked at. :D

Back