• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front coils?

trust96xj

NAXJA Forum User
Some of you may have seen my smashed tranny lines thread in oem tech, well it happened again! With 2 inch lift and extended bumps, my control arm met with my lines/oil pan again. I'm just wondering what coils can I jam in there to get another inch or two? I'm not askin anything fancy, just something to get a little lift and be somewhat soft. Any ideas, guys? Any feed back is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

how much did you extend your bumpstops? 2 hocky pucks per a side should be more then enough, look into getting an adj. trackbar

Center your axle with the track bar and extend your bump stops as much as required. Done.

Guessing, partially an excuse to go taller? Re 4.5 coils run about 80$ shipped from serious offroad.

i have extended bumps already. this is a major design flaw. even with stock bumps this shouldnt be happening.

There are a couple of million XJ's out there. There's one guy with this problem.

Its not a design flaw, its an owner flaw.. figure out whats wrong with your jeep and fix it.

My friend who runs ECORS has crushed his tran lines from not centering the axle. I have no bumpstops on the front of mine at all and my tranny lines never get touched because my axle is centered. So milky

I hit my oil pan once when my XJ was stock but somehow missed the trans lines. It was due to no sway bar and a lack of bumpstops. Threw in a couple hockey picks and all was well. Like was said many times, it's not a problem with design by jeep. It's a problem with your suspension setup.

Best solution actually, cut off the passenger side UCA mount from the axle and just run it as a 3-link. No more problem

Back