• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Springs

Old man emu light load are about 2".
Old man emu heavy load are about 2.5".
pro comps are about 2.5" i think.

heard really good things about the OME.
so/so about the procomps.

prices are all around $120 a leaf. OME needs bushings.

Crown HD leafs with an extra main leaf added in. That's what I run in my DD, works great. IIRC it was under 200 for both packs and new bushings and stuff. I later added a small lift shackle so I could keep an even ride height when the cargo area is loaded up with junk.

Qtec, JCW, 4WDH, Rusty's, Morris... any retailer selling Crown parts is selling the same springs. Part numbers for OEM and Crown replacements:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1013847

The "QTec HD springs" everyone talks about are simply Crown replacements for the UpCountry suspension package, which should be 1" over stock height, and is exactly what I got out of them. YMMV.

Crown HD leafs with an extra main leaf added in. That's what I run in my DD, works great. IIRC it was under 200 for both packs and new bushings and stuff. I later added a small lift shackle so I could keep an even ride height when the cargo area is loaded up with junk.

I'm just about to try this, in the next couple weeks, having shot old leafs, and new Crown HD's ready to install. Been debating OME AAL's, shackles, and/or trying to bastardize using leafs from the old springs. Currently sagging a bit from stock height (empty), but need to haul heavy loads and pull light trailer occasionally. Targeting 3"-3.5" lift... Any further thoughts that might help minimize costly experimentation? It sounds like the OP may be headed in a similar direction. One concern is what length shocks, not being sure where it'll settle out.

I have a 92 with over 200,000. Did a budget boost with 3" spacers in front and used an S10 main leave for rear to make a bastard pack. Got about 2-2.5 inches using it as a second leaf with eyes cut off. Made it ride a little stiffer which was fine with me since the leaves where almost flat to begin with. Tows my 6x12 trailer much better now and still flexes well in the woods. Cheap and easy. Haven't checked for settling since installed over a year ago. Eventually going 6.5 and saving money up until then.

Back