• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

frame damage

beastlydumass

NAXJA Forum User
ok so when i got the heep the kid had hit some thing and pushed in the passenger front side frame and ive also had to recently cut a piece out of the front cross member do to a bad nite chain hook up. im wanting to just cut out the outer side and weld in a nice solid sheet of steel but not sure if there will be a problem after i cut it out before i can get the sheet in or if ill have a problem welding sheet steel to thin unibody.
540332_347973741906947_2524661_n.jpg

you can see on the left that the mounting holes are jacked up to and can only mount the bumper with one bolt on that side.
267346_228125580558431_4898879_n.jpg

216661_228125623891760_7759576_n.jpg

mini sledge help beat it in alitle after this
not to worried about the inner frame not bothering anything

your not gona be able to get it perfect without a frame alignment machine.

Also looks like you'll need a puller to yank both frame rails straight again before you start welding in a new front crossmember too. Looks fixable but def doesn't look like a sledge hammer and some beers kinda job (if its used on the road). If its a trail rig then have at it with a sledge and burn it in, don't heat up the metal to much in one area or your gona burn thru just keep it moving and change areas.

not looking for perfection be any means. aint guna need a frame alignment. with the bumper mounted up it looks almost dead on besides the holes being a litle pulled back so i know it can be fixed by cuting it out and plating it. just dont know if im guna have heat or colapsing issues

Plate it and call it good. Buy a new or good used radiator cross member. Find your welder settings and practice your unibody welding skills on the old cross member.

wish i could just plate over top but the bumper is such a pefect fit you gota wigle it on so gota make the patch flush like factory

Stock bumper ? The slots on my stock bumper allow the brackets to slide back and forth about 1/2".

Back