• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire balance with spacers or without?

BrokenSockets

NAXJA Forum User
I have a new set of 31's coming the week and use Spidertrax spacers to avoid ca rub and still keep the tight turning radius. Has worked great for 3 years, no problems.

Someone told me that I should have the wheels balanced with the spacers attached. I didn't think this sounded right.

What do you think.

the spacers are light and close to the center of rotation...hence they would have very little impact to balance. I say don't worry about it.

I have a new set of 31's coming the week and use Spidertrax spacers to avoid ca rub and still keep the tight turning radius. Has worked great for 3 years, no problems.

Someone told me that I should have the wheels balanced with the spacers attached. I didn't think this sounded right.

What do you think.

Don't take that persons advice ever. The spidertrax mount to the hub, then the wheel to the spacer. They will not affect the balance of the wheel/tire.

Back