• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stutters off idle/ under accelleration

Lightfoot

NAXJA Forum User
I Started having issues after some wheeling last weekend. The jeep wouldnt start unless i put my foot on the gas so i swapped out the iac. Everything seemed better, i drove the jeep and had no issues. The next day i washed it and wiped down the engine bay with a wet rag to clean up some mud. The next morning i went to start the engine and it would only turn over, sounding like it was not firing at all. I tried putting my foot on the gas and still nothing. No CEL either.I played around with some things and determined that i had spark and that it was getting fuel simply by sniffing the tail pipe. I took a guess it was the cps and swapped that out. Nothing. Swapped back the old sensor. I then tried, with no success, a different tps, map, and cam position sensor. Oddly, after goig back to all the original sensors, i managed to get the jeep started, but it was a struggle. The idle was rough, and giving it any gas would make it fall on its face. At this point it would start consistently, but would stall under load. I could accelerate slowly, but giving it any gas resulted in power loss, and stalling if given too much gas. Once again, with no cel i started throwing every spare part i have at it. Cps, map, tps, cam position, up stream o2, cleaXned throttle body, checked connectors, cleaned distributor cap, and checked coil resistance. Still the same stalling. This sounds alot like tps to me, but i tried two that both test ok with a volt meter, and a scangauge on the obd2 port reads them fine.
The only other things i can think of are that the new iac is bad, or my fuel pressure is low. I replaced mycomputer a year ago, but i guess it could be bad again too.
Anyone got any other ideas i could try out? Id really love to get out on the trail tomorrow.
Thanks
Lightfoot
99, 2dr, 4.6, ax-15, 231 sye, 4.56, 33 super swampers, 8.8lsd, hp30 wj knuckles

Back