• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

head swap

4xfishfinder

NAXJA Forum User
Well gentlemen I have a 94-4.0. Aw4 np231. Can anyone clue me in about swapping a 93 head to my 94 motor? Will it bolt right up? And what are some mods I can do to the head for performance while it is out. Thanks for any and all input.

Prettyn sure that one should be a simple swap straight across. I have a '93 head on my '00 thats where most of the issues arose (coil mounts, exhaust differences ... etc)
for a '93 to '94 there shouldn't be any issues other than the usual tight spaces.

Having it milled is probably the best thing you could do on a budget.
It will ensure straightness of the new head and increase compression, which will help with power and gas mileage. A cam would be the next thing i would want to do while your in there. You could also have a valve job done which would help with power and porting but im not sure how these heads like porting or not. Im 100% new to these motors.

Back