• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

285/75R16... need spacers?

I ran them for a short while. Loved the wheel/tire combo. No rubbing under normal driving, but under maxed out turns I could hear a slight hum from the corner of the tread on the control arm. Not enough no wear out the shoulder, and not enough to rub the paint off the arms. And DEFINITELY not enough to warrant spending money on spacers.

Do it.

found some nice used STTs for a good price. under 5k miles. price is right... was looking at buying 305/70R16 duratracs new, and adding spacers. these are less than half the price.

and my untouched MTR will make a usable spare until i can find something better.

"im going to go do it!"
(in my best waterboy voice)

Depends on who made them. There is a significant amount of variance between different makers and even tire types from each maker size wise.

i went looking for exact measurements on the STTs but couldnt find them!

i think ill be ok. but ill probably mount one on my spare and stick it on the back. if its a no go, i can call off the entire thing. i still want them, so... guess im bringing my trailer just in case.

make sure you double check and account for some movement side to side with the leafs, I use a 1/4 spacer on my street tires which are 33x12.5 on stock rims otherwise they will rub the leafs.

I run the Ultrastar (whatever you want to call them) Factory 16" rims with Hancook P285/75s on them and needed 2" spacers in order to clear my lower CAs on the 4 link Long Arm setup I run.

He wasn't asking about the front, or any specific LA setup... he was asking about leaf clearance.

I run the same tire size/wheel combo and run 1.25" billet adapters (what most folks call spacers) which I've run on 2 rigs for about 8 years. I also run BW flat flares with 6" of lift, so no rubbage.

Back