• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Forum Rules

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Read them!

http://www.naxja.org/html/forums_code_of_conduct.htm

The persistant asshatery in the For Sale Forum is getting old.

I've excerpted some that people need to start paying attention to or be dealt with accordingly.

Participants shall not create duplicate threads (cross-posting) or direct others to threads they have started except when the referenced thread provides an answer to a question in a newer thread.

Participants shall not post to instruct users to check your e-mail, check your PM, or inform them that they've got mail or a new PM, or any variant thereof

Participants shall not “bump” threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners (such as “BTT”) or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its Forum.

In general, messages on the Forums shall be written in English unless the writer’s native language is other than English. Forum participants who elect to respond to non-English speaking participants in a language other than English are encouraged to do so when it will facilitate communication. In such instances, the non-English text shall include a translation into English in the same post.

Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive will receive one (1) warning. Any participant who offends after receiving a warning may be suspended for a period of time determined by the BOD, or banned permanently without further warning.

3350b15d.jpg

We should make this post a sticky.

i will be shocked if the bump rule is enforced.
but #1 i havent really seen much of

#2 is kinda annoying, just pm whoever it is. its not needed to pm them and then say "pm sent" i may have been guilty of this in the past, but i now understand.

#3 be honest peeps, it depends on who you are if you get away with it. red letter gets away with it. black letter newb does not. this is a perfect example of bias that should not be tolerated. Period. set an example remember?

#4 non issue as far as i have seen but then again i may be wrong.

#5 is a hard one. how are the mods to decide what is tongue in cheek and what is serious? its hard to understand good hearted sarcasm in type. i may type something with a tone in my head but the reader may "hear" it differently.

besides that there are members who are BLATANTLY rude to others and receive no consequences for there posts at all. IMHO its again a red letter thing. I have had several conversations with red letters who whole heartedly agree with my opinion.

now this part is strictly my opinion,
Police yourselves! alot of cats here will bend the rules all day long untill a newb does it and then they bring the hammer down on them. well wait a minute, set an example then. if you do it then dont you dare come down on someone for doing the same thing you (or a red letter) did. Be fair and consistent.

just my 2 cents but then again, meh.

Hasta

Being on the BOD should not excuse anyone from these rules, especially number 5.

Wait, this is for trails and jeeps? Crap i own a honda.Sorry folks wrong forum.No wonder you guys cry so much about overheating on here.

BTT

Being on the BOD should not excuse anyone from these rules, especially number 5.
And to whom are you referring? :)

Kayle, if you see something that's out of place or violates the rules, report it. The mods here work hard and do their best but they can't be everywhere, that's why we have the report post button. If you think things are run unfairly, report what you see and it will be handled.

As far as knowing what's tongue in cheek and what's not, a good rule of thumb in the for sale forum is that unless you are interested in the item or adding something material to the conversation (that's a piece of crap, your price is stupid, what're you having for dinner, etc are not material additions), don't post it. I've been guilty of getting off track as well, but I try to avoid just getting stupid...

For Sale Forum Rules said:
  1. Only SoCal Chapter folks can start new posts and offer items for sale in the SoCal chapter for sale forum. Everyone else needs to use the classifieds.
  2. Private Party items only. Commercial, Bulk Sales, Group Buys and Services are not permitted.
  3. Please do not offer your items in other people's ads.
  4. Please mark the thread sold when the item sells.
  5. Please be courteous to other posters: no trashing/hijacking of other people's for sale ads
  6. Rules subject to change/modification
Please contact the for sale forum moderators via PM with any questions/suggestions.

if you see something that's out of place or violates the rules, report it. The mods here work hard and do their best but they can't be everywhere, that's why we have the report post button. If you think things are run unfairly, report what you see and it will be handled.

x2 it's like calling the stewardess on an airplane because your jack and coke is almost empty. most of the moderators aren't post whores like me reading every post so if you don't report it they're probably not going to even know there is a problem. :gee:

Darky, I wasn't talking about the for sale section, Just as a whole its sometimes hard for mods to know if something was sarcastic or serious because you can't "hear" what's typed you know? Its a tough one for the mods like I said.

As far as reporting, you have seen mods on threads that have been bumped by the OP so is a mod going to warn themselves? Sort of a who is going to police the police philosophicaly. Not sure if that made any sense now that I read it.......

the bumping rule is just there to keep people from bumping their thread constantly so its always on the top of the list. as long as it doesn't get out of hand its not a big deal.

My personal "rule" is that if you bump it once a week or so, fine. If it's every day just to put it at the top of the page instead of 4 threads down, that's excessive here.

x2 it's like calling the stewardess on an airplane because your jack and coke is almost empty. most of the moderators aren't post whores like me reading every post so if you don't report it they're probably not going to even know there is a problem. :gee:
^This, there seems to be alot of stuff happening that we are not being made aware of. Just because you don't see anything happen about something that was reported doesn't mean we didn't address the issue.

Back