• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about control arms?

BoScrappa

NAXJA Forum User
If Im changing out the bushing for my upper front, do I have to detach the lower as well so that I can reconnect the upper at the same length, I noticed it was too short to reach back to the axle bracket when I went to put it back on :confused: :yelclap: lol...

put the tire back on the side you of your loose control arm. chalk the other three wheels and that side towards the front of your jeep while someone slides the bolt in. otherwise you just have to get creative with come-a-longs of ratchet straps. I think we even used a second rig with a tow strap one time, if you have a winch you can always use that too.

If Im changing out the bushing for my upper front, do I have to detach the lower as well so that I can reconnect the upper at the same length, I noticed it was too short to reach back to the axle bracket when I went to put it back on :confused: :yelclap: lol...

do the uppers one at a time, leave the other connected. you shouldn't have to do much more than chock the tires and shake the jeep back and forth to get the bolt through.

thanx guys, appreciate all the help;) . I ended up jacking right underneath the coil seat, and got the axle to rotate back till the holes lined up..had to use alot of wood to reach high enough lol, damn lifted rigs :/

Depends on the tire size and your strength. a larger tire= more mechanical advantage. I've done it

I rock the jeep, not the tire. more mechanical advantage this way :shhh:

Back