• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coolant flush increased my performance i think.....

995speed

NAXJA Forum User
You can go head and call me crazy but i flushed my coolant my truck was in dire need of it the needle was going past 210 when the AC was on and it felt like she was running hot, i flushed the coolant and i can swear that i feel a major difference in performance a positive difference does a coolant flush help the engines performance? i guess since the engine isnt as running as hot its able to perform more efficiently but this is the first time where i have actually be able to feel a difference so i was just wondering is it just me?

You forgot to calibrate your butt dyno.:rolleyes:

The increased flow of coolant through the cooling system creates a vortex in the magnetic field and that makes it easier for your Cherokee to locomote in the Solar Magnetic Winds.

Last edited:
The increased flow of coolant through the cooling system creates a vortex in the magnetic field and that makes it easier for your Cherokee to locomote in the Solar Magnetic Winds.

ah makes perfect sense lol on another note i was unable to get at my the engine block drain plug so what i did was took off the thermostat housing and the lower hose and i took a garden hose and splashed water in there this would have provided the same effect as removing the drain plug right? cause i remember an old timer telling me to do it this way once.

The XJ radiator drain plug is very fragile and best left alone. The block drain is hard to get at. Removing the lower radiator hose is what most people suggest.

Could it be that it doesn't have to work as hard to turn the water pump?

Only if the cooling system was previously full of nacho cheese sauce.

Back