• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with tire question

HE-MAN

NAXJA Forum User
Bought myself a set of 33 12.5 r15 goodyear wrangler mt r's (old style) off of Craigslist. They looked great i was stoked to get myself some new tires. Just went outside to check them out and i noticed something on one of them. One has a slice on the rim of it. Am i screwed?? If this one will not work does anybody have one or two that they might want to sell. :(
tires001.jpg

tires005.jpg

tires004.jpg

tires002.jpg

Tires have this much tread
tires006.jpg

It should still seat the bead, I've seen a lot like that, they get messed up when they get taken off, if it doesn't they can always put bead sealer on the tire before mounting it

SWEET!!!! Thanks a bunch! Last question..........should i not air them down when i go off road to keep them tight? And ill still buy one if anyone has one :)

I have the same tires, only there 35" I think there a pretty good tire. They seem to do everything well except mud, which isn't a big deal for me because I hate mud!!!!!

From a former professional goodyear tire installer it looks to be fine. Just an fyi "the tire place" on 4th plain and kaufman in vancouver will mount and ballance tires for $10 each.

From a former professional goodyear tire installer it looks to be fine. Just an fyi "the tire place" on 4th plain and kaufman in vancouver will mount and ballance tires for $10 each.
Will they mount tires that have the stamp making them 10 years or older? No one will.

Will they mount tires that have the stamp making them 10 years or older? No one will.

I bet ya Gene will at lovely's tires on 82nd between division and stark. 1430 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97216

Then you know what im talking about on the date stamp? I didnt know that when I bought the tires!!

Back