• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coils vs Acos

i didnt like the spacers when i added them to my 3" pro comp coils. generally the spring rates change with a taller spring (from my experience), so it may not match the rear and handle weird. when i swapped them out for true 4.5" springs the offroad performance was like night and day.
How much are the acos? RE 4.5 coils are only $70 a pair new, probably a lot cheaper to go that route.

ACOS is infinitely adjustable to compensate for sag or the addition of heavier bumper or a winch.

Your proposed difference in spring length or suspension travel is only 1 inch, ACOS vs coils, hardly enough to really change anything. I ran 2 inch spacers on stock UpCountry coils for several years including 4x4 trips to central Colorado and to Moab. I now have the same spacers on the RE 3.5 springs. They never caused any issues.

Aren't RE coils more like $75 + each ?

Last edited:
Within the ACOS range of adjustment, 1.5" - 3.75", there are an infinite number of settings.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Serious again, he has been forthright and fair in my experience.

That being said, in my opinion, things have changed since RE was bought out.

Well, since you asked,
They got bought out by TransAmerican.
My exhaust eventually melted the rear bushing, so I ordered a replacement set. Bushings that arrived were substandard. The old bushings were 1/8 wall for the inner and outer sleeve, both were seamless tubing.
For the rear bushing, the inner sleeve was 3/32" and rolled with an unwelded seam, the outer sleeve was 1/16" at least it was seamless.

Called RE today. Theytried to tell me these are the same, doesn't matter how they look, they are made in USA, etc.. when I ask the Rep. Why mine clearly say made in mexico? Ohh, North America same thing.
They are simultaneously already working on getting replacement bushings directly from the spring manufacturer instead of a third party, and claim to have never heard of one failing at the same time.

I wouldn't trip over myself to spend any cash with them again.

I tought the problems with RE's bushing was thing of the past. I'm choosing what lift kit to install and the Superflex 4.5 has most of the chances.

serious offroad. extremely cheap RE coils. less than $100 a pair for most XJ coils

http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.c...Path=419_420_1190_1476_1479&products_id=87034

Funny how the 3.5 inch are $110 but the 4.5inch are $67 ?
http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.c...Path=419_420_1190_1476_1479&products_id=86740

I also had a set of RE leaf spring bushings crap out in no time at all, I replaced them with these from Stengel brothers & have had no issues at all.
rbbushings_thumbnail.jpg

RB-71 RB-71
$6.59 x 2
$13.18
rbbushings_thumbnail.jpg

RB-121 RB-121
$8.27 x 2
$16.54

Last edited:
I just bought RE 4.5 coils from Serious along with quite a few other RE parts and quality wise everything looks great. Can't beat $67 a pair either! Installation went well, and I've never had any problems with the 3.5 super ride kit I bought 2 years ago. I'm going up an inch and I figured for the prices of two pairs of spacers, might as well just get new coils with a softer spring rate and improve my ride.

Back