• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick and cheap co2 Tank options?

Blacked0utXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Wanna make up something to keep my co2 tank secured in the back of my XJ for when i do some wheelin this weekend. Anyone got any good ideas for a quick and cheap mount? was thinking maybe bolt 2 huge hose clamps to the floor? maybe buy a fire extinguisher mount? if i did that though, i would like to mount it vertically on the passenger side in the back. dont know what i could mount it to tho. Could i just bolt it to the floor and thats it? its a pretty decent sized tank, i think its a 20, maybe 30lb tank. I didnt know if 4 good sized bolts with real wide washers would be adequate enough to hold it down. I saw a couple of people have made a quick little bracket incorporating the factory spare mount, but i keep my spare mounted there, so that idea is out. if anyone has any good ideas or input, it would be greatly appreciated. The mount also has to be easily removed because i am probably just going to take the would mount and everything out when im not wheeling. im not going to keep that tank in there all the time.

Grainger has a extinguisher mount thats strong for $30 or at least it was a few years ago.

IMG_0012-1.jpg

Back