• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Before I Buy,..... Is this Possible?

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '91 manual mirrors and manual seats.

Can rip out all electric mirrors and seats from a '88 and drop it in mine?

Would I need the wiring harnes? or Is it sitting idle in my XJ?

ThanX in advance........

Wiring harness

The wiring harnesses changed in '91. I don't know if they ran dummy wires to unused options or not though, sorry. :(

I just did this with a 95 with 89 yes you do need to take out the wiring harness for the mirrors and the piece for the seats. the pluf for the seat si there but not the harness and same for the mirrors...the other probem you might run into which I did in the 95 was the seat base configuration is different.... I dont know the year of change over but the 88 has a flat floor and the 91 just might have a raised brace under the front of the seats...if so you gota deal with it. I cut it out and reinforced the whole area with flat stock nad drilled new holes and used self threading bolts

The '91 should still have the flat floor. I believe the seat pedestals were changed in '95, but it might have been '94.

Back