• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nearest rust free state to northern WI?

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
Been thinking as I crawled under the Heep seeing the rust after just one winter. It may be wise to get a clean rust free shell, 2wd, or complete XJ/MJ as a long term plan. What is the closest state with little to no rust on their vehicles?

Arizona?:D Just kidding. Hard to say really, the entire east coast is ate up bad with the rust demons. You may get lucky down south more but the best bang for the buck is out west. Good luck!

Missouri you say? South West corner? The New Mexico, Nevada and California were a given but if I drive back an XJ I'd like it to be a less than a days drive. Texas may work as I drove from Dallas to Duluth in one really long day.

Spend alot of time on the east coast. VA is the farthest north on the seaboard you will find rust free 99% of the time on middle aged cars.

That will likley change as the last 2 years VA has started to use Calcium Choloride for ice and snow removal instead of sand and salt mix.

Here in PA OH and north forget about it.. there are 4 year old cars with rust issues.

I can vouch for Montana, we use sand instead of salt. And 4WD is common up here since we have slick roads in the winter.

I was stationed in Montana. Great Falls to be exact. I do remember the vehicles being rust free and paint free on the under carriage due to all the gravel roads. lol The 4x4 trucks were expensive in Great Falls compared to Idaho where I bought most of mine.

Back