• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

grey renix NO TILT steering column sitting around?

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
the steering column on big bird is a total loss.

i'm looking for a grey non tilt steering column. anyone have one i can snag?

How much money you got? I have a black one and a gray one. I have keys for them too.Both came from 88/89 XJ's with sticks.

non tilt?

i have about enough for a case of your favorite beverage. still putting the car back together.

Im going to Riverside tomorrow to get my hockey skates sharpened, could bring this with me if Scott wants to meet me up...

i need one too cal, if you happen to get your hands on two non tilts i'll gladly take one. maybe i'll even come pick it up when i deliver russ his tires :)

Dumb question but why non tilt?

The tilt mechanism fails and let's the whole wheel flop around causing electrical problems in addition to making driving dangerous. It happens to all of the pre airbag tilt columns eventually, piss poor design.

more or less what he said. i never use the tilt function, and i've had 3 tilt columns break down on me this year. if i'm going to go through the work of swapping the column out, i may as well delete the problem..

My Simpson hardware rep's name is Elaine Seale... maybe she secretly owns an XJ, or is selling framing hardware on here in her own secret forum?

Scott, thanks for hooking Cal up... again! =).

Scott, thanks for hooking Cal up... again! =).

Carol this is NO PROBLEM. These jeeps are given to me so, I just pass on the karma parts to folks who needs them.This is why I never say NO TO FREE COMPLETE JEEPS.:cheers:. OKay, they have to be rollers with doors and stuff, you can keep the motors.:D

Scott the JUNK MAN.:cheers:

Back