• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Problems Please Help!!!

Majo

NAXJA Forum User
I recently have lifted my XJ, and got the adjustable trackbar to align the front end up again. When it came time for tires, easy choice wrangler mt/r's. When I had them align it they did a computerized alignment where they checked measurements from toe, camber etc.. on comp and adjusted them until they were all into spec. This is what drives me up the wall, because I can swear that something is messed up. My old tire had a weird wear too. Only the front right (passenger side) wore hard on the outside shoulder. I do not drive fast through turns or anything else. What I've notice with my MT/R's is that they too show that they have a lot more contact with road over the outside shoulder, then the inside shoulder. It is apparent too in wear patterns beacuse there are some little rubber things on the inside shoulder of the tire. I need help, because I dont' want to toast a new pair of MT/R's because something is screwed up. Shop insist it is all in specs, I even checked readings on computer when they lifted it up to do it. Apparently only adjustment is camber in, ?? i guess i need camber out on that tire???? What do I do what could be causing the problem.....any leads are very very very highly appreciated

I've struggled with accelerated tire wear on the passenger side outter shoulder as well. My friend with a stock Up Country experiences the same thing. Alignment checks have always come within range for the both of us, so this has baffled me as well for a long time. :confused:

I've come to accept it as "one of those idiosyncracies" of my Jeep. I do rotate my tire religiously every 6k, so that I can spread the weird wear problem over all my tires, over a period of time. In the long run, the tire wear is not that apparent, with only slightly more accelerated wear on the outside edge of any given tire.

I too would like to find out what is wrong....

Ivan said:
I've struggled with accelerated tire wear on the passenger side outter shoulder as well. My friend with a stock Up Country experiences the same thing. Alignment checks have always come within range for the both of us, so this has baffled me as well for a long time. :confused:

I've come to accept it as "one of those idiosyncracies" of my Jeep. I do rotate my tire religiously every 6k, so that I can spread the weird wear problem over all my tires, over a period of time. In the long run, the tire wear is not that apparent, with only slightly more accelerated wear on the outside edge of any given tire.

I too would like to find out what is wrong....

Looks like you're both overdue for a Ford Dana 44. :)

Back