• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Default Steering knuckle backed out. Went to fix it and now the ignition is stuck on

zebvance

NAXJA Forum User
Steering knuckle backed out. Went to fix it and now the ignition is stuck on
I have a 1988 Jeep comanche and I went to tighten up the four screws around the steering knuckle because the have backed there self's out and followed this video.

I tightened up the screws and some how when I was putting everything on and trying to light the tumbler cam with the gear on the right I did something and now the right turn signal is on and the car. I dont know if it is in acc. mode or what. Al I can urn the cam all the way to the start position and the truck wont start. Im really confused now and dont know what I did or how to get it off.

Here are some pictures to help.

Oh and this also fell out when I was taking it all off and I dont know how it came out. I know It is part of the key buzzer I believe.

007.jpg

How does this go in??

and does everything look right in these pictures?

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:
so now I got all of it fixed but I cant get the turn signal working right?
You have something bummed in the linkage, or something installed incorrectly. I did the same, but lost highbeams, should have tested it before installing the grant removeable steering wheel hub.... So they are on a switch now lol

so now I got all of it fixed but I cant get the turn signal working right?
You have something bummed in the linkage, or something installed incorrectly. I did the same, but lost highbeams, should have tested it before installing the grant removeable steering wheel hub.... So they are on a switch now lol

Back