• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thru-hood cowl intake

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever replaced the rubber flex tube by essentially placing an air filter on-top of the throttle body like a carb setup? To do so given space limitations would probably require a hole in the hood and a raised cowl intake type hood similar to a hot rod from the good ol days. I'm asking because i opened the hood yesterday and my rubber intake line had split due to heat, time, contact with oil, you name it. Split wide open at the TB. So i either go scrounge the JY this week or i go and try to come up with fabbing a way to make the RENIX mount into a 3 or 4 inch clamp on adapter. I dont want to cross deep water crossings, and with a well designed cowl setup, rain really shouldnt be an issue.

at one time I made a similar setup but it was under the hood and went to a home made snorkel.

do you have weight pulling the rubber piece down? like a cone filter just hanging from the rubber piece alone? I had that problem and solved it by adding a bracket for the cone filter to sit on.

Could make your own shaker hood..

Back