• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake caliper locating tab

menos

NAXJA Forum User
I just switched to the C1500 brake lines. They work fine, but the only way the banjo fitting fit left the line coming out from the side instead of the top. Is it safe to remove (grind) the locating tab and then rotate the brake line up?

caliper.jpg

Should make no difference as long as you make sure the copper washers are being crushed appropriately. Just make sure the hose is facing a way that it won't rotate if you droop too far and the hose gets tugged on, the purpose of that tab is to make sure the banjo fitting doesn't turn once the bolt is tightened down.

Yeah, that's my main problem. The hard line coming out of the banjo fitting is parallel to the ground right now. If I ever drop the axle far enough I'm afraid it will try and bend the hard line. Plus point it up will give me a couple more inches of play.

Could you grind on the hard line instead? That would be my first choice. That way you do not have to worry about the hose turning as you tighten the banjo bolt. Either way, it will be OK to modify something as needed.

Back