• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas peddle cable to throttle body

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
My cable from the gas peddle to the throttle body on my 85 XJ (the one with the custom installed Nissan Diesel engine, nissan throttle body) is down to its last thread :bawl:, and I need to source a replacement. The Jeep side at the gas peddle looks like an easy swap job, but the Nissan throttle body side may not be so easy. I have never replaced one of these before, and not on a hybrid, two brand frankenJeep (LOL) before. The Nissan side has a cam roller follower on the throttle plate side of the throttle body, and then a bulkhead style part mounted on the throttle body.

The engine-throttle body-tranny....came out of an 81-82 vintage Nissan 720 pick up truck.

I will post a picture later of the throttle body side..problem. Is there an easy universal kit for this sort of repair?

Thanks!!!

If all else fails theres a place semi local to me, called control cables inc??? that will remake any cable you send them.

Throttlebody4.jpg

Throttlebody3.jpg

Throttlebody2.jpg

Throttlebody1.jpg

Photos of the throttle body side!

yea, i saw your sig, but i have never owned a diesel, so i dont know how 61hp is in comparison to gas 61hp, considering the torque curve is so different.

yea, i saw your sig, but i have never owned a diesel, so i dont know how 61hp is in comparison to gas 61hp, considering the torque curve is so different.

It is going no where fast until I repair or replace the throttle cable!!! LOL

The jeep gas peddle end has a lead ball on the end of the cable, and simple V grove you slide the cable into. That end will be easy, it is the throttle body end I am sweating.

This may be easier to fix than I first thought.

Throttlebody5.jpg

Throttlebody6.jpg

Throttlebody7.jpg
Throttlebody8.jpg

Tip to tip is 21"

Wonders never cease....I found the OEM part at Rockauto online for $11.50!!!!

Back