• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Lawerence Welk" area--Legal to offroad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my2monkeys

NAXJA Member
I've heard of you guys running the fire roads in that area.

I guess I'm just unsure of exactly where you enter the dirt at.

I'm probably thinking it's more of an ORV area, than just like a simple fire road public access type of area like going to the top of SaddleBack.:confused1

It is private property and it has signs saying no trespassing. It happens that they don't enforce it but it is marked no trespassing. If you go strictly by the letter of the law with penal code 602 (the no trespassing law) it does not violate the law to drive a vehicle through there if you don't do any harm to the property.

. If you go strictly by the letter of the law with penal code 602 (the no trespassing law) it does not violate the law to drive a vehicle through there if you don't do any harm to the property.

Really??

That's good to know.

Does that apply to any posted no trespassing?

The first rule of lawrence welk is do not talk about the legality of lawrence welk. FYI, it's officially the merriam mountains area. But nobody calls it that.

There is a lot of private property land up there. There's also vallecitos water district access roads as well. I've mapped out these areas (including all the different entrances/exits) and created a trail map. It's available in the files section of the socalxj.com discussion board / yahoo group.

The first rule of lawrence welk is do not talk about the legality of lawrence welk. FYI, it's officially the merriam mountains area. But nobody calls it that.

There is a lot of private property land up there. There's also vallecitos water district access roads as well. I've mapped out these areas (including all the different entrances/exits) and created a trail map. It's available in the files section of the socalxj.com discussion board / yahoo group.

Mike,

Can you provide a better link to the map you mentioned? I've spent parts of the last 5-6 Friday afternoons exploring the place and would like to see what you've learned. Is it true that the sheriff does not care if you wheel out there?

Mike, can you provide a direct link to your map, or send me a copy?

Also, is it true that the sheriff does not enforce the No Trespassing sign?

I've spent a couple of afternoons up there and would like some information if possible. Thx

admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap.jpg

mako, lurch, manimal --

You made me laugh! I'm not a cop! When no one answered my posts from early May I just spent a few Friday afternoons making my own map. Now I'm even doing some trail work so one of the cooler routes can become passable (El Farra). It was more fun to explore and figure it out anyway than just read someone else's map. PM me and I'll give you my blog address with trip reports.

Guess I was too direct. But it seems kinda ludicrous to think that a cop has the time to worry about Welk so bad that he trolls the forums.

Everytime I go up, though, I wonder when the other shoe will fall and they start enforcing the signs again. I plan on completing my tour of all the best trails and before they put up gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back