• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Treasurer Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Cobra

NAXJA Forum User
The NWC is in need of a 3rd BOD member to fill out the year. While your title may be Treasurer, I'll be handling the finances for the remander of the year since I already have everything set up. We just need someone who is active, willing to give their opinion, and could handle a few tasks every now and then. The position is what you make of it. Only Requirement is that you be a member in good standing.

1. If you would like to nominate someone, talk with them first. Then you can make it official by posting in this thread (I nominate XYZ for ABC).

2. In order for the nomination to be official it must then be seconded by another member.

3. After a nomination has been seconded, the nominee may accept or decline nomination.

Nominations will end in two weeks, at which time we will go to the polls.

Someone please help me.

I nominate Ben Shalom Bernanke! Hes been doing GREAT the last few years! In all seriousness, im all in for whoever wants to step up and take the job. All three names suggested thus far seem to be great peoples and would do the job well.

I hope those who have accepted their nominations understand the role they're volunteering for. While it may seem like being on the BOD isn't a big deal, it needs to be taken seriously. Otherwise this chapter will fail. I know for a fact Darren is trying his hardest to better this club. He deserves someone who will take the position serious, and carry their weight.

It's unfortunate Dick Breakey couldn't fulfill his commitment as Treasurer, but it gives the Chapter a chance to bring in someone who can actually fulfill the duties of the position.

Aaron, I think your enthusiasm is awesome. However, don't think you have to be on the BOD to make a difference, and put your ideas into effect. I'm not part of the BOD this year, however I've taken on a "guidance" role in helping Darren and Eric out with NWF planning and other events this year. You don't need a special title to be involved. That goes out to everyone. ;)

Scott, I really hope you are prepared to take the position serious. I can't help but to think you are doing this to get a laugh. I quote...
ZJScott said:
I feel i have been a big enough factor in this bullshit to step back and watch.. I've personally slowed down a bit with naxja, and it's not because "I'm sick of the people" But because i feel its time i do my own thing? Naxja as a hole has been overran with assholes like me that make it their personal Social media fun-site, I feel the most responsible thing for me to do right now is step back and see what comes of it.. I'm sure Alot of the people here feel that way..
Do you really feel you can take the position serious, and offer an unbiased opinion on chapter issues?

I care about this club, have put in my time on the BOD, and want to make sure it continues on the right path. Nominations are a two week process per the bylaws. I've seen my nomination (thank you, Ryan), and am currently thinking it over.

Last edited:
I hope those who have accepted their nominations understand the role they're volunteering for. While it may seem like being on the BOD isn't a big deal, it needs to be taken seriously. Otherwise this chapter will fail. I know for a fact Darren is trying his hardest to better this club. He deserves someone who will take the position serious, and carry their weight.

It's unfortunate Dick Breakey couldn't fulfill his commitment as Treasurer, but it gives the Chapter a chance to bring in someone who can actually fulfill the duties of the position.

Aaron, I think your enthusiasm is awesome. However, don't think you have to be on the BOD to make a difference, and put your ideas into effect. I'm not part of the BOD this year, however I've taken on a "guidance" role in helping Darren and Eric out with NWF planning and other events this year. You don't need a special title to be involved. That goes out to everyone. ;)

Scott, I really hope you are prepared to take the position serious. I can't help but to think you are doing this to get a laugh. I quote...
Do you really feel you can take the position serious, and offer an unbiased opinion on chapter issues?

I care about this club, have put in my time on the BOD, and want to make sure it continues on the right path. Nominations are a two week process per the bylaws. I've seen my nomination (thank you, Ryan), and am currently thinking it over.

:patriot:

If you decide to accept the nomination you got my vote torx.

I would like to throw another name out there for consideration. When i think of the type of people i would want representing this club, i think of NW99XJ. Josh (NW99XJ) is a very respectable guy and a very helpful fella as well. I urge people to take a look at his posts, build thread and comments. Not to mention a little bipartisanship would not be bad to have in the BOD next to both the Washington guys. You know, maybe a guy throwing in a bid for a meet and greet to be on this side of the river, build party's etc.. One more thing is he has no connection whatsoever to Henry Kissinger. I want to nominate NW99XJ and see what kind of support an underdog Oregonian can muster.

Not to take anything away from Scott or aaron, but this chapter should have a presence in the northern end. I'll second nw99xj

Last edited:
I'm not positive, but he may be the furthest south of the three. He lives in Gresham IIRC

That is correct, I DO Live in Gresham. But I'm not to be confused with "The Gresham Boys" .... not that there's anything wrong with that..... (just sayin')
But I have lived all over the PNW... from the Puget Sound Area (Kirkland/Redmond/Woodinville/Bellvue/Bothell) to SW Washington (Vancouver/Orchards/Salmon Creek) to all over the Greater Portland Metro Area.
I'd like to thank you for the nominations, and vow to do my best to represent the NWC as best as I can and fulfill the duties and responsibilities of treasurer to the best of my abilities should I be elected.

The NWC is in need of a 3rd BOD member to fill out the year. While your title may be Treasurer, I'll be handling the finances for the remander of the year since I already have everything set up. We just need someone who is active, willing to give their opinion, and could handle a few tasks every now and then. The position is what you make of it. Only Requirement is that you be a member in good standing.

Is there a page with more information about treasurer responsibilities? Perhaps a list of tasks that the treasurer has performed in the past, or expects to perform? Is it possible to fulfill this role 100 percent through an online presence? Can I nominate myself?

We will work this out together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back