• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleghorn still shut down...?

Renegade XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have been wanting to go up there for a while, does anybody know if the "hard" trails are shut down? I remember hearing that they blocked them or something.... ?

I have been wanting to go up there for a while, does anybody know if the "hard" trails are shut down? I remember hearing that they blocked them or something.... ?

ummm.. Yes and No. They closed a number of "off-shoots" starting at the 15 frwy side. However, it's still fun and there is quite a bit of wheeling to be done..

If you have been there before, you'll know what I mean.. It seems that most of the trails North of Pucker Hill are open and half the of trails South of it are closed.

If and when you do go up there, PLEASE do not go around the blockades even though people have made paths around them. It's illegal.

It's advisable to go with someone who has been there before.

E

I went a few weeks back, came in from Summit Road. Took every off shoot open in my jeep. Welded d35, 3" lift. Didn't have much trouble. Had a great time tho. Came out @ silverwood.

Just got back, it was fun. It looks like some of the closed areas are open now, some you can tell people are just driving over the rocks and that's not cool, but some have an actuall path that is clearly marked by big boulders (too big for a few people to move them). We had a good time.

Just got back, it was fun. some have an actuall path that is clearly marked by big boulders (too big for a few people to move them). We had a good time.

Glad you had fun. I need to get our there again soon.

Too big to move with a nice winch? I think that's how a lot of them are moved. That's how I'd do it. Either a winch or a tow strap wrapped around it. I think I could move some pretty big stuff. And in no way am I advocating that. I'm against it, but I think it could be easily done.

~R

Too big to move with a nice winch? I think that's how a lot of them are moved. That's how I'd do it. Either a winch or a tow strap wrapped around it. I think I could move some pretty big stuff. And in no way am I advocating that. I'm against it, but I think it could be easily done.

~R

I'm sure it could be easly done, but the way they were placed really doesn't make me think somebody out of the blue did it. It was just like 2 rocks, it was about 6-8 of them on each side marking a clear path where to enter. Not only did the rocks look to be placed for a reasion but the "entrance" leading into the hard sections were totally graded clean, no signs of vegetation being run over.

Just got back, it was fun. It looks like some of the closed areas are open now, some you can tell people are just driving over the rocks and that's not cool, but some have an actuall path that is clearly marked by big boulders (too big for a few people to move them). We had a good time.

None of the closed parts have been officially opened by the USFS, people move rocks and make them look open. Chances are if it had a boulder by it the bypass is closed.

~R

Oh it is way easy, I have moved rocks before that are larger then the ones they have on cleghorn.

Back