• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn signals failed slowly, now don't work at all.

captain_k

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ 4.0L

For a few weeks up until now when I flip on the turn signal it would flash for a few times then stop. I'd have to flip the signal stick back to the middle (off) then back to signal to get it to flash a few more times.

Now it won't flash at all, and the turn indicator on the dash panel doesn't light up. The bulbs are working, I know this because the hazard lights work.

What should I look to replace first, and more importantly WHERE IS IT LOCATED?

To make things worse, my inspection tag expired right after the signals stopped working so I haven't been able to renew the inspection... and yesterday I got ticketed for expired inspection
brickwall.gif

Thanks as always
thumbup.gif

OK I did a search. They say you need to remove the plastic under the steering columm, then the metal plate. It should then be in front of you. Turn the signals on to help locate it.

Try a new flasher module. If that doesn't fix it, install a new multi-function turn signal lever module.

standard.jpg

X2 on the flasher solenoid. Been through a couple of them on my 99....

Back