• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Ignition Cables" in 2000?

jls095

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at the factory maintenance schedule in the back of my owner's manual and it seems as though I'm due to replace my "ignition cables".

I have a 2000, so there's no wires or distributor... what and where are these ignition cables? I have to replace the plugs so I figure I might as well do this as well.

The ignition wire, or plug wire, is the piece that goes between the plug, and the coil on the valve cover. There are multiple coils on the later models.

That is simply an error in the manual. Unless the 2000-01 spark plug boots are damaged, they do not require replacement.

Thanks for the replies. So I did a little research and found that the 2000/2001's have a distributor rail. Is this a part that should be replaced on a schedule or simply replaced if it breaks?

Thanks for the replies. So I did a little research and found that the 2000/2001's have a distributor rail. Is this a part that should be replaced on a schedule or simply replaced if it breaks?

They can last a very long time. I wouldn't replace it unless symptoms pointed directly to it.

Back