• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help please

usmc3531

NAXJA Forum User
i just put a 4.5 inch rc lift on my 2000 xj with a rugged ridge sye and cv style extended rear drive shaft and im still getting bad driveline vibrations im thinking maybe upper control arms? or the front drive shaft?:patriot:

"Still"?
You mean you had them before you lifted the Jeep?
Or do you mean that installing a SYE and double cardan shaft did not fix the problem?

How about a picture of the drivelines. I am interested in the angles.
Rear Pinion to Drive shaft angle should be just about zero, maybe a bit low.
Front Pinion to DS angle should be about the same.

Under no circumstances should the angles be either large, or with the pinion pointing above the DS.

whats a red letter member?

A red letter member is someone who had formally joined the club. When your membership info is processed, your username get changed to red letters. Unpaid members usernames are displayed in black letters

http://www.naxja.org/html/membership_faq.htm

If you can, get us a pic of the rear pinion angle. My guess is that it didnt get shimmed properly for the SYE.

or better yet, take the rear shaft out, drive it around.......if no vibrations then it is ur rear shaft.........if thats the case then start with shims

Back