• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel gauge

superdave

NAXJA Forum User
The fun has really started with this 350/700R4 XJ. Bought it this way and it is a hoss.
As I mentioned in a couple other threads I put in an Intellitronix digital fuel gauge recently. After getting the wiring straight it works. Problem is, with the universal sender the reading is all over the place when the Jeep is moving. And it takes a couple minutes to settle down after a stop. Is there any way to fix this problem? I scrapped the factory sending unit when I scrapped the electric fuel pump. The factory unit isn't inside a baffle either so how does the factory gauge keep from being all over the place? The factory gauge was not a possibility after the engine swap as everything electronic goes through the no longer used computer.

The factory gauge setup is a resistor an a slow reading gauge which IIRC, is also resistance based. Because it reacts slowly, you never notice instant changes.

Back