• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon May 20

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning a run to Corral Canyon May 20th. I will have with me a special guest. Corporal Juan Dominguez USMC. Juan was blown up by a land mine in Afghanistan and lost both legs and one arm. I want to show him a great time enjoying our sport. I'm thinking run gunslinger and then sidewinder with lunch in between. Who's down?

how capable of a rig is needed for this run? this one i would really love to attend. unfortunately i spent the last three and half weeks trying to get my jeep running correctly, instead of building it.
i think something like this can and should become a much bigger event.

crap, supposed to be in big bear that weekend!
sidewinder is doable in 31 open/open, never did gunslinger.

Pencil me in...I should be able to make this.

Im a newb to this area i need to research were abouts this is.

I will keep an eye on this thread im planning to attend :cool:

These tralis happen to be part of the Hammer family but more mild?

Last edited:

it's in south eastern san diego county, nowhere near the hammers. worth the drive though, it's good trails. i do suggest at least 31's and a few inches of lift. rock rails also suggested unless you dont care about your rockers.

This should help you find Corral Canyon.....

From Interstate 8 (San Diego - 57 Miles)
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]- Head East on Interstate 8 (47.6 Miles) [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]- Take Buckman Springs Road / Exit 51 (3.6 Miles) [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]- Turn right onto Morena Stokes Road / Marked for OHV (5.8 Miles[/FONT]

http://4x4trailmaps.com/OHVA.php?OHVA_ID=1

No these are not hammers trails. They are lots of fun though. There are trails from stocker to wild at CC.

I'm a definite maybe. I originally had other out-of-town plans that I had to cancel due to Work & Kid stuff on Friday & Saturday. So I'll either be beat & unwilling on that Sunday, or rarin' to go...

Not anxious to abuse my rig right now, so I'd want to run the easier of the two.

I've ridden biyatch a number of times on Bronco Peak, and a few times, I think, on Sidewinder--it seemed like a beefy trail, but then again I was unlocked on 29's at the time (which is why I rode with someone else). Is Sidewinder the one with that icky granite face that slopes down to the right?

Don't know that I've ever even seen GunSlinger.

Of course, last time I was out at Corral Canyon, I somehow tore a rear brake line loose on the fire road up to the lookout tower! Went home on a tow truck.

This should help you find Corral Canyon.....

From Interstate 8 (San Diego - 57 Miles)
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]- Head East on Interstate 8 (47.6 Miles) [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]- Take Buckman Springs Road / Exit 51 (3.6 Miles) [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]- Turn right onto Morena Stokes Road / Marked for OHV (5.8 Miles[/FONT]

http://4x4trailmaps.com/OHVA.php?OHVA_ID=1

Real helpful but wow long trek for me i would have liked to camp on this distance. Thank you for the map Charles. S

Im down

Back