• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HOW HOT

My scan gauge reads 222 degrees when mine comes on, in two of my jeeps. I think its safe to say its around 220 degrees.

That's about where both XJ's I have owned come on also. Sometimes a little higher too.

X3, mine was kicking on every 15-20 minutes or so on a really slow technical trail this weekend, the temp gauge on my dash would read between 218-220 and the fan would stay on for 5-10 minutes and drop the temp to around 210 before shutting back off. It was doing its job :)

Damn 5-10 mins!! I'd say your fan clutch is on its way out or somethign else in the system isnt up to par, I've had my fan run while wheeling and sitting in traffic on a hot day but that efan has never run for close to that long. It always brings the temps down in about a minute or less. And thats with my fan clutch being shot with 140k miles on it

Maybe it wasn't that long then... It was really hot outside, I guess I'll keep track of how long it stays on next time. Thinking about it, that does seem a bit long. It usually came on while I let it idle after clearing an obstacle, and I was usually out of my Jeep playing spotter in that situation. I'll keep an eye (or ear) on it next time I'm on the trail, my e-fan has never kicked on during normal driving / traffic, so my cooling system can't be all that bad.

Damn 5-10 mins!! I'd say your fan clutch is on its way out or somethign else in the system isnt up to par, I've had my fan run while wheeling and sitting in traffic on a hot day but that efan has never run for close to that long. It always brings the temps down in about a minute or less. And thats with my fan clutch being shot with 140k miles on it

If you are in a low ambient temperature or have a manual transmission, the e-fan will not run very long. In a 90 degree+ days and the AW4 in gear sitting at a stop light behind other vehicles that 5 to 10 minutes are/were normal when I was running a mechanical fan and a OEM electrical fan.

Mine comes on before it reaches 210 and runs continuously.....whats going on then....could my gauge be wrong? I did switch from lights to gauges but i changed both the water temp sensor and the water temp sending unit. thoughts?

Back