• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do yall think of the Medford, OR area?

srimes

NAXJA Forum User
Just had a phone interview with a company in Central Point, and it seemed to go well. The wife and I have talked about moving to the Pacific Northwest for a few years now, and this may be our chance. What do yall think of this area? Would you want to live there? Anything in particular to watch out for?

make sure to move to a nice part of town. Tons of meth labs and tweakers in Medford

He's coming from Arkansas! He knows all too well about that. But he is right the area is known for some of its drug use. But then again in these times it seems to be everywhere, just seems to feel a bit more obvious in small towns. Don't let it discourage you thought, most of the state of Oregon is fairly nice, as far as wheelin goes, your not far from the dunes and I'm sure there has to be some decent wheelin just on the other side of the Cali border

For being PNW it doesnt rain 320 days a year like up here so thats good. Your not to far from awesome mountains in California so thats cool as well. Your close to the dunes so if your a sand guy thats a plus.

I am at the dunes pretty offten, however I dont think they have any decent trails down there. I think there is some offroading around Shasta. Ask Tim (knuckelhead61) in the Sierra Chapter, he has some property in Forest Grove and I think he may know where the few trails are.

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, meth is a concern and there's plenty of that here. And I'm glad there's plenty of sun. I don't mind rain but if I don't see the sun for a few days it starts to get to me.

My main concerns are with raising a family (2 small kids). I prefer smaller towns and would love to have a little land with a shop. Any advice about the surrounding towns? Central Point, White City, Eagle Point, Tolo, Jacksonville, etc? Having good public schools is the main requirement as I can't afford private.

Looks like there're plenty of outdoor activities. I'd love to get or build a drift boat and fish the Rogue!

I have cousins in Jacksonville! Pretty nice area compared to the rest of Medford! It's pretty dry there compared to the rest of the more common areas of Oregon. Plus no DEQ! Refer to my post above!

i was down there for work, for a week. it was nice!

everyone is not in a hurry, everyone smiles and waves.

lots of good people down there.... lots of white people.

Back