• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift size question

DarkPaladin

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone tell me how much lift my 2000 XJ Classic has?

I measured 20.5" from the axle center to the fend on the front and almost 20" from the axle center to the fender in the rear. It has the 16 wheels on it. Looks to be about 20" from the ground to the bottom of the rocker panel. It looks a bit taller than the standard XJ. The shocks are shot and I wanted to get some nice riding ones for it. It's for my daughter's first car and it's more of a street machine with 4wd for the winters here in Alaska.

Currently has 265/70r16 on them now. Might go Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S in 225/70r16 stock size. Any suggestions?

Since you have the 265/70r16, which if memory serves correct, are about a 30.5" diameter and the stock tires are closer to a 28.5" diameter you gaining an inch in height right there. I'd say if anything you've got a 2" BB or a very sagged 3" lift. Posting pictures of the components will help us identify it exactly.

As always the best way to get the correct size shock is to measure. The one size fits all X" lift shock isn't necessarily the best choice.

Since you have the 265/70r16, which if memory serves correct, are about a 30.5" diameter and the stock tires are closer to a 28.5" diameter you gaining an inch in height right there. I'd say if anything you've got a 2" BB or a very sagged 3" lift. Posting pictures of the components will help us identify it exactly.

As always the best way to get the correct size shock is to measure. The one size fits all X" lift shock isn't necessarily the best choice.
How does tire size affect axle center to fender flare distance? Overall height of the vehicle, yes. But not the distance he stated he measured.

How does tire size affect axle center to fender flare distance? Overall height of the vehicle, yes. But not the distance he stated he measured.

Good point, but I was referring to his ground to rocker measurement.

No BB in there, all spring. So probably sagged a little 3" which is more than enough for the roads she'll be driving. ) Now to figure out a shock to use.

Back