• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a welder in SD area

SanDiegoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just need a quick spot weld on an exhaust hanger. Jeep has failed over and over again, smog tech took a look and said a pinhole before the cat will make it impossible to remove the NO. Being that I've tried everything else, I'm hoping he's right and someone locally that has a welder can spare 10-15 minutes.

Thanx!

well a small hole before the 02 sensor would cause havoc. not sure about before the cat. either way, you do need to get it fixed. if you can bring up this far i can handle that for you.

I may take you up on it....just that the cost of gas up and back to fallbrook might justify just waiting another day.

Picked a crappy weekend to find my problem since most folks are up in Calico =(

Come up to Encinitas. I'm back from Calico and have a welder that you're welcome to use.

Your welcome to swing by my shop. Maybe after work Monday?hit me up if that works.im near the sports arena.

go to napa and ask for exhaust sealing putty. it's a type of epoxy that can stand up to the heat of exhaust. might save you a drive, even if they have to order it.

if your local napa says they don't know wtf you're talking about PM me and i'll look up the part number next time I'm at work.

I got up to Encinitas and sdspearo helped me out.

Thanx heaps, by the way! Still didn't pass smog, but it did bring the numbers down heaps! In fact, I got the 15mph to pass, and off by about 200ppm on the 25mph, but I realized my oil was a little over full, by about a half a quart or so, so hoping that was enough to muck stuff up a bit. So hopefully, that and a bottle of octane booster will be enough to bring it down.

I'm watching this cause my wifes jeep won't pass with these new numbers they have for us now.She has always passed no problems.Thinking of buying some land down by salton sea, NO SMOG there

I'm watching this cause my wifes jeep won't pass with these new numbers they have for us now.She has always passed no problems.Thinking of buying some land down by salton sea, NO SMOG there

Unburnt fuel coming out of the tailpipe might make it smell better there:gee:

Unburnt fuel coming out of the tailpipe might make it smell better there:gee:

You can't be in my garage with my 89 running with the doors closed(even with them open if the wind is blowing), it is so rich it burns your eyes.Now the wifes you can run with the doors closed all you want, no problem at all.OH by the way my 89 passed, you tell me.

Frankly, I'm pretty back around to the cat.

with all the fuel/intake/exhaust mods, I don't the the magnaflow hi-flow cat is able to keep up.

have a thread going in the modified tech that's trying to diagnose it...but the numbers are super close now....also realized the engine was overfilled with oil, so hoping it wasn't getting the cooling it needed and that will be enough to bring it down again....but if it fails a "lukewarm" test like the guy is gonna try tomorrow morning, NAPA cal cat is my only solution.

What I need is an adjustable MAP...but I don't think CA allows us to modify it. =(

Back