• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keyless Entry Programming?

hoodride

NAXJA Forum User
Just bought a '96 Country and it has the old infared keyless entry system but the PO lost the key fob. I happened to have one from a Jeep I had years ago, tested the batteries and its good so I'm wondering if mine can be programmed to work on it or a dealer can reprogram it, I believe the fob was for a '96 sport I had. Thanks.

If it's the same kind as the 99, you can take the fob and vehicle to a dealer and they can reprogram the receiver to match it. I think they can set the receiver to respond to up to 5 different fobs. The lost one counts as one, but you should still be able to recognize the new one.

Cool that's what I had heard a dealer could do, the fob is similar to a 99 I believe, the 97 I also owned had the same so hopefully it'll work. Thanks for the reply.

It takes the DRB tool and my local Dealer programmed my Heep for free.

Not all Dealerships are Stealerships. Faricy Boys here in the Springs is the one to use.

if you were to have one of the old fobs u coulda programmed it yourself but now youll have to go to the dealer... or autozone i believe programs fobs as well.

Back