• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FINALLY!!!!

E, I heard that you had taco'd your tie rod. Sorry you had to leave early. But it was good to see you.

Nice Mike. I'm speechless

E, I heard that you had taco'd your tie rod. Sorry you had to leave early. But it was good to see you.

It was good to see you too..

Yes. I screwed up my tie rod pretty good. I got hung up on both diffs on a big boulder.Even though I have a spare one in my garage, I should figure out an inexpensive HD solution.

I didn't get a chance to thank Julio, Geoff, Sean, and my brother for helping me get rolling again. THANKS.

E

Glad you got home E. Unfortunately I heard about twelve hours too late about two spare tie rods sitting in camp. I took on a bit of minor cosmetic damage coming back down the trail, Odessa was much more fun than usual!

A quick stop-gap for steering is to go ZJ. That will net you 100% bolt on and a bit stronger. Another budget method is the Rugged Ridge crossover setup, this is also bolt on and a lot beefier but you get the super annoying dead spot.

How annoying was the drive? Did you have to resort to the good old 53 MPH speed limit?

No worries E. Had fun bend your rod back into shape... whaaaatttt? Not to mention it was big black and it took both me and Geoof to hold on to it :p

No worries E. Had fun bend your rod back into shape... whaaaatttt? Not to mention it was big black and it took both me and Geoof to hold on to it :p

I think I'm going to wash my Jeep now. I will probably hug it, put a blankie on it, and tell it that it's ok..

Glad you got home E. Unfortunately I heard about twelve hours too late about two spare tie rods sitting in camp. I took on a bit of minor cosmetic damage coming back down the trail, Odessa was much more fun than usual!

A quick stop-gap for steering is to go ZJ. That will net you 100% bolt on and a bit stronger. Another budget method is the Rugged Ridge crossover setup, this is also bolt on and a lot beefier but you get the super annoying dead spot.

How annoying was the drive? Did you have to resort to the good old 53 MPH speed limit?

It was rough driving to the freeway. So, we pulled over and aligned it a best as we could. We used jumper cables to measure the toe-in. :gee: It worked. I was able to drive the speed limit with any issue.

I might build my own 1 ton steering out of 1.25" DOM .250" wall. It would be awesome if I can do for under $200.

I just saw your pics. It definitely looks like it was a rougher trail compared to a couple of years ago. I didn't actually get to see you wheel your Jeep, but I was impressed to see it up the trail. :thumbup:

Calico did gave us a little spanking.

E

From Sequoia.
SoCal+Fest+2012+-+074.jpg

SoCal+Fest+2012+-+076.jpg

SoCal+Fest+2012+-+074.jpg

yea, i had a spare tie rod. oh well! mine's a little tweaked as well, time to upgrade.

Back