• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Sputtering, Chocking, Stalling

MTLKEBEK

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys hopefully you can help me with this one. I'm returning to Toronto on Monday and I'm suppose to be bringing back the jeep. Its 5 and a half hours away.

Done 1 day prior to problem, I used sea foam(1/3 TB 1/3 Fuel tank). Done the day of the problem, I changed my oil and did a coolant flush. After the coolant flush I also sprayed my engine bay with water (dumb I know) I was trying to wash off some of the over spray.

So after 10-15 minutes of driving with no problems I suddenly got the check engine light
001_unsure.gif
I was away from home so I still had to drive the jeep. Then after another 30-1 hour of driving the jeep starting to sputter(hesitate) When holding the pedal a steady 2000 RPM it would start to jump (1500-2000 RPM). Day after it also stalled while returning from the mechanic with the codes.

Ok so now that that's out of the way here are the codes I got:

-P1491 Rad Fan Control Relay Circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the radiator fan control relay control circuit. This includes PWM solid state relays.

-P0645 A/C Clutch Relay Circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the A/C clutch relay control circuit.

-P0443 (M) Evap Purge Solenoid Circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the EVAP purge solenoid control circuit.

-P0700 EATX Controller DTC Present This SBEC III or JTEC DTC indicates that the EATX or Asin controller has an active fault and has illuminated the MIL via a CCD (EATX) or SCI (Aisin) message. The specific fault must be acquired from the EATX via CCD or from the Aisin via ISO-9141.

Also my number 10(Named starting system) fuse inside the cab is burning out and my day time running lights are not working.

I know just a cluster f*** of stuff.

Oddly enough I don't see how these could cause the problems. My jeep does seem to be running rich and blowing out liquids. The jeep only seems to have problems when I drive it and warms up.

So could this be because of my o2 sensors? Coil pack? TPS sensor? I don't knowww!! PLEASE PLEASE XJ GURUS
arabia.gif
HELP ME!

Back