• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Textured Paint....Clear coat?

BotakBeng

NAXJA Forum User
Just painted my bumper with Rustoleum Textured paint, loving the look but i'm concern with the rough surface causing problem with cleaning.

SRTxsBlkSpL.jpg

Is it ok to apply a clear coat (matte) to it and keep the textured look at the same time?

Thx.

...i'm concern with the rough surface causing problem with cleaning..

Won't happen.

...Is it ok to apply a clear coat (matte) to it and keep the textured look at the same time?

Clear coat won't help, or hurt. It will just get textured like the color coat.

I used that exact paint on my undercarriage...works well for coating, not to well for cleaning afterwards, unless you use a power washer...cant really wipe a towel across that stuff. Not sure if the clear coating over it will help with keeping it clean, never know until you try

I used that exact paint on my undercarriage...works well for coating, not to well for cleaning afterwards, unless you use a power washer...cant really wipe a towel across that stuff. Not sure if the clear coating over it will help with keeping it clean, never know until you try

Clear coat ftw!

Back