• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Relocating A/C line

CTRacing

NAXJA Forum User
I want to add a stock fuse/ relay panel. The A/C line is in the way of where I want to place it.

Untitled.jpg

I want to put the relay/fuse box in the green area. Is it possible to replace the A/C line that is in red to where the blue area is?

From what I could find it's the "suction line."

Could I just find a smaller one that will basically go strait across or could I buy hose and fittings to make mine own?

Aeroquip has make your own type AC lines. Some shops can make custom AC lines and probably for less than Aeroquip.

If I had to guess the big loop in the line is probably to reduce stress on the fittings. A shorter line would not be as flexible when the engine moves.

If I had to guess the big loop in the line is probably to reduce stress on the fittings. A shorter line would not be as flexible when the engine moves.

X2^^
another thing to consider it the reduction in system capacity with a shorter hose. It may not be much, but the typical AC system doesn't have much "extra" capacity built into it.

X2^^
another thing to consider it the reduction in system capacity with a shorter hose. It may not be much, but the typical AC system doesn't have much "extra" capacity built into it.

So will a reduction in system capacity result in the AC not working? not as efficient? or just wont blow as cold?

On-Board Air-- using the AC compressor as an air pump for pneumatic tools and "airing up" tires-- not really an option if you're intending to have AC in your rig

A shorter line will affect the system but not enough that you would even notice. I would go ahead and change the line it's not going to cause any major issues.

I'm finally getting around to changing my line. I found this website:
http://www.coldhose.com/
I can order a custom hose but I don't know a few things.

1. What type of fittings do I need? The available types are oring, flare, springlock and metric. I'm guessing I have oring fittings.

2. What size of hose do I need? The available sizes are #6, #8, #10 and #12.

I have a 94 with a 4.0.
And just to be clear I'm trying to change the hose that is circled in red in the picture on the first post.

Looks like they have the parts to make a custom line as well be I still don't know what size hose to get and what fittings my cherokee needs.

They may be able to look it up. Or they may be close enough to drive there?

Back