• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Track Bar/Track Bar mount

Spearfisher XJ

NAXJA Forum User
88 XJ 9" f/r, 33's, 5 inch lift, crawler.

Currently running a JKS track bar with the stock mount, but I'm looking to upgrade to double sheer and would like to make it all alot stronger.

Id like some input on the track bars and track bar mounts that are on the market. Any pros or cons with each bar?

Can you weld/fab at all? If you can, I would just mod the stock frameside mount with some tabs below it that are braced back to the mount and make your current trackbar double shear. After that, build a brace over to the passenger side frame rail from the mount. With 33s or even 35s I doubt you'll hurt that.

If you can't weld/fab, I'd try to get one that comes with a trackbar brace. Helps a ton. I'd stay away from Rough Country. I liked my RE setup I had a few years ago, no idea how they are now.

my favorite bolt on unit out there is the rockkrawler unit with bracket

rubicon express HD with the 1/2" bolt upgrade isnt far behind.

stay away from anything that remains single shear and/or keeps the stock size bolts on a rig that gets wheeled.

I also like the Full Traction frame side mount with the cross brace. Really, they're all close to the same, the good ones anyway. Double shear with a cross frame brace. They will all also loosen up eventually, just like the stock one, so check the bolts regularly and/or put a couple stitch welds on the bracket.

i have an RE track bar and bracket, however i have their lower end bar. not a fan of the bar, but again, it was their cheap one. the double shear bracket is very nice, and it wasnt worth my time and effort to make or mod something when i got that for $60

Iron Rock Offroad, I run their double sheer and it is a well made piece and also had no problem ordering with fast shipping.

I'm happy with my clayton HD TB system(JJ on frame side clevite bushing on axle side), next inline would be rockkawler, I had a RE HD system and it was ok .. better than most

ive had the RE HD system for a while. it is a really good bar. especially with the brace. but i have noticed that when the flex joint develops play, it likes to keep working loose again and again even after readjusting. thats my only complaint. i really do like the bracket and brace though. ill be using those when i get rid of my mutant custom/RE trackbar and go with a DOM bar and heims

ive had the RE HD system for a while. it is a really good bar. especially with the brace. but i have noticed that when the flex joint develops play, it likes to keep working loose again and again even after readjusting. thats my only complaint. i really do like the bracket and brace though. ill be using those when i get rid of my mutant custom/RE trackbar and go with a DOM bar and heims
i had the 1600 bar in the single sheer fashion with the stock frame side mount for almost 4 years. no complaints. it uses a heim, and not the JJ style cartridge.

i bought the RE double sheer bracket and a new heim from ruff stuff. direct swap. no complaints.

yeah doing it that way is popular. but it cant be done with the 1660. the joint is the female end unlike the 1600. so simply putting a heim on there isnt so simple. i have ruffstuff heims and all the stuff to make a new trackbar, just havent gotten around to it

i had the 1600 bar in the single sheer fashion with the stock frame side mount for almost 4 years. no complaints. it uses a heim, and not the JJ style cartridge.

i bought the RE double sheer bracket and a new heim from ruff stuff. direct swap. no complaints.
my heim went bad after a few months, i just had to replace it. and that was only on 31's.

My Clayton with JJ on the frame side and bushing on the axle side have 40k miles on them with zero issues. Great bracket and track bar. One of the beefiest designs I have seen for bolt on, without having a cross brace.

Back