• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welding brackets onto D30

just wondering why you are welding those on a 30? did you break yours? why not just upgrade the axle if your going through the trouble of welding all new brackets?

"Need to know the angle to weld them at referencing the dif cover face."

The angle depends on how much lift you have. For a double cardan driveshaft, the pinion should be aimed at the front output of the transfer case.

"Also spacing away from the center section. Same goes for the lower links."

For location of brackets, see page 4 of this document:
http://claytonoffroad.com/documents/AB-FABK.pdf

Does Ballistic Fab have any tech documents or tech support?

ive seen (and saved) that clayton PDF before. its pretty spot on.

if your going through the trouble of welding on new brackets, i suggest setting the pinion angle for your driveshaft. but youll have to pay attention to your castor. rotating the Cs may be in order. there is a write up on here somewhere.

i believe he is doing this to a spare D30. so he cannot set it while under the jeep. and if remember correctly, his jeep is lifted about 5 inches. but i am with waves, he needs to rotate the "Cs" or set the perches at factory and rotate the diff. either way.

Back