• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tools?

souske

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone bringing anything beyond normal hand tools?
Anyone bringing an electric impact?

I am considering bringing my little fluxcore unless someone has an onboard welder.

I'll have an air impact if anyone needs it. And my ball joint tool.

Last edited:
In addition to all the ordinary tools, I'll have angle grinder w/ various wheels, drill, air impact, mapp gas torch, swr meter, brake line tools (cutter, bender, flare), and maybe a die grinder. Jeep's got pretty good OBA and a 800W inverter.

I usually have quite a collection of spare parts too, electrical repair stuff, air system parts, and a whole ammo can full of random nuts and bolts.

Last edited:
i'll be bringing my bottle opener and recycling bag. i usually bring what other people already mentioned so i have nothing to offer except maybe we should have a spare parts thread or add that to this? that way we can make sure we have at least one of everything instead of a ton of people bringing left d30 shafts and not a single right one. just a thought.
i'll be bringing a spare driver's d30 shaft, spare d44 rear shafts, spare pitman arm and puller, unit bearing, and possibly stock steering components if i have room.
i have a spare d30 passenger shaft but it's a disco.

I've got three short side and two long side 30 shafts.
An 18" section of brakeline for the drivers front hardline.
Guess ill throw the 8.8 conversion flange in as well

I usually carry sticks and two sets of jumper cables for welding. I suck with sticks but it usually gets me off the trail. In fact last time I was at calico I busted a rear pinion yoke and Troy was kind enough to use my gear to lay down a better weld than I could do.

Wow. So it's cool if I beat the living piss out of my new xj and you guys can fix it all up for me?
Sweet. I'll have extra sandwiches, electrical tape, juicy juice, and some gogurts.

Gogurts, sounds like what I get after a few dails eating manifold burritos and drinking beer.

Dude, hold on, ill be back in a minute, I feel more go-gurts coming on

I'll have a standard tool/elec set. Spare unit bearing, D30 shafts (both sides) old but usable ball joints (get off trail in a pinch). Front DS or two, and 1310 ujoints.

Oh... And I just had a case of that blinker fluid listed above delivered! So that's covered John.:cheers:

I usually carry sticks and two sets of jumper cables for welding. I suck with sticks but it usually gets me off the trail. In fact last time I was at calico I busted a rear pinion yoke and Troy was kind enough to use my gear to lay down a better weld than I could do.

All I have to say is.... Take a spare u-joint. It should be in every Jeep's tool bag.. :anon:

- Front D44 inner shafts, one outer
- Pitman arm and puller
- TRE's
- Ball joints and cheap HF ball joint press
- U joints
- Welding rods, batt cables, welding lens to tape over my sunglasses
- Duct tape
- bailing wire
- BFH

I would bring that pinchi tool to dissasemble the front Dana 44 Hubs... but i dont have one. :p

Other than that, I have a spare DS and Dana 44 front shafts. I need U joints... fack... i'm a slacker...:)

Matt's going. We're good.

I have a straight stock tie rod (which MY Jeep actually needs), a 1310 U-joint, two '98-ish heat-sensitive but functional CPSs, a NSS (which still needs to get installed in my Jeep), a couple of battery cable clamps, and Marvel's Mystery Oil, gear oil, brake fluid, spray silicone, WD40... um... I know there's more.But it's buried under camping gear, so... yeah...

Are you talking snap ring pliers or the great big socket like thing for the spindle nuts? Cause I'll have both.

Both! And now it looks like I have a problem. My Knuckle has some play at the upper ball joint. It doesnt affect driving as i drove it to work due to my Honda being in the shop. Debating on whether or not to fix it. I really dont want to drive it up and it goes out on the way up catastrophically failure. Grrr!

Back