• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DNR Police

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
I read over on CherokeeForum.com that some people ran into a new law enforcement agency DNR Police. has anyone else ran in to this or have any info on it? i guess they are writing tickets for no discovery pass, insurance, and so on.

some guys that went to tahuya and walker over the weekend said they saw 4 DNR police with trucks and motorcycles at walker and a couple unmarked "undercover" DNR police officers were at tahuya

Yes they are out there. They are writing tickets for the discovery pass, and other things. If you are going to be out there I would recommend just following the rules (doing the right thing), and support the sport from a positive side. If you don't agree with the pass then contact your congress man or woman and tell them you don't agree. We fought the pass from other angles (other clubs) for the past two years and are still fighting it today. They at least changed it so you can transfer it and at one time they wanted one for every person at the same price.

DNR is out in force along with fish and game and the state parts dept. They can all write tickets to anyone on any of their land. Meaning Fish and Game can write tickets on DNR's property for anything (DNR's rules or Fish and Wildlife's rules.) We (another club) work with DNR on a weekly basics and have found there are things to battle them on and there are things to not. Sorry for the rant that's just my $.02 if you want to talk to me send me a PM.

Yes they are out there. They are writing tickets for the discovery pass, and other things. If you are going to be out there I would recommend just following the rules (doing the right thing), and support the sport from a positive side. If you don't agree with the pass then contact your congress man or woman and tell them you don't agree. We fought the pass from other angles (other clubs) for the past two years and are still fighting it today. They at least changed it so you can transfer it and at one time they wanted one for every person at the same price.

DNR is out in force along with fish and game and the state parts dept. They can all write tickets to anyone on any of their land. Meaning Fish and Game can write tickets on DNR's property for anything (DNR's rules or Fish and Wildlife's rules.) We (another club) work with DNR on a weekly basics and have found there are things to battle them on and there are things to not. Sorry for the rant that's just my $.02 if you want to talk to me send me a PM.

i completely understand. i am an involved member in the PNW4WDA and the Eldorado Dust Devils. ive got a lot of knowledge on the new laws and regulations as it sounds like you do also. i just hadnt heard of any DNR police being around for a long time.

insurance, and so on.

I don't understand why we need insurance for a trailered in jeep? Quads and motor cycles don't. How about home made tube buggies? I know on the sand dunes buggies don't need it or at least back when I had them. I know it would be good to have if someone got hurt bad. But as far as damage to the vehicle I see no since in it. When I'm on the trail in the sand or where ever off road, I see it as a risk I take for taking my vehicle off the road. I don't think an insurance company should pay for any off the road or Offroading accidents. Its not their fault if I the owner decided to take the risk to go up waterfall and flop my junk.

Dave

I think it is responsible to have liability insurance on anything that you drive. But I think that most insurance policies have disclaimers about not covering offroad accidents.

Yes thats true Dave and Ben, If your Jeep is damaged offroad your insurance will not cover your loss. When I was changing insurance companys I opened my big mouth and said my Jeep would be used offroad now and then, there response was then we wont insure that vehicle. I finally told then I bought a truck just for that purpose, then they seemed to be okay with it. I'm pretty sure you need insurace on your rig in case someone gets hurt, or you damage something on the trail, or someone elses rig. So what can one do????

I think if you are operating you vehicle with a liscense plate, you need insurance. If you have the ATV liscense, you don't (I think).

Yes thats true Dave and Ben, If your Jeep is damaged offroad your insurance will not cover your loss. When I was changing insurance companys I opened my big mouth and said my Jeep would be used offroad now and then, there response was then we wont insure that vehicle. I finally told then I bought a truck just for that purpose, then they seemed to be okay with it. I'm pretty sure you need insurace on your rig in case someone gets hurt, or you damage something on the trail, or someone elses rig. So what can one do????

If i roll my jeep on the trail my ins would not cover it?

Mattvw65 rolled his in Moab and his insurance fully covered his as well as balieyevesdaddy rolled his in mineral basin and his was fully covered as well. Might depend on the insurance provider or if it is considered a county road or not.

Just dont tell them you rolled it climbing a waterfall lol

Mattvw65 rolled his in Moab and his insurance fully covered his as well as balieyevesdaddy rolled his in mineral basin and his was fully covered as well. Might depend on the insurance provider or if it is considered a county road or not.

That's my point. I don't think it's right to make an insurance claim on taking a risk. (off road) that's what dives up the rates for everyone I know. This maybe a Cherokee site but I own and wheel Wrangler. My insurance is twice the price of my Cherokee when I had it insured. I asked why? I was told that they had one of the highest claims because of off roading.

Really? Our Wrangler was cheaper to insure than our Hyundai Accent, go figure.

I dont worry about it around my area as I am good friends with the main DNR officer. But I do know they will write you for no discover pass. I don't understand the Insurance thing if your only diving off road.

it's not about insuring your vehicle for damage it's about covering the liability or driving a 4000lb lethal weapon. You are liable for any damages your jeep causes, most people do not have the funds availiable to cover the potential damages their vehicle could cause. Thats why you are required to carry $50k in liability insurance to operate your vehicle.

Back