• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Have you guys seen the new Smittybilt XJ bumper?

Avanteone

NAXJA Forum User
Good looking bumpers for the front of the XJ are few and far between IMHO, I love the Moab 4x4 Outpost ones and the Hanson bumpers, but they're all $$$$$. This unit by Smittybilt is pretty nice, looks good, and priced <$400.

These are JUST now becoming available, they were supposed to be out months ago. Let me know if you're interested in grabbing one, I have them in stock.

John

142511_76810.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Have you guys seen the new Smittybuilt XJ bumper?

When did smittly built start building bumpers that aren't chrome tube?

A little ways back for other models, the XJ bumper is brand new. :laugh:I was definitely skeptical on these until seeing 'em in person. Very decent bumper for the money.

I know they have a rear tire carrier part number, but I don't think they are producing it yet. I was going to buy the hanson rear but now i'm waiting for this one. I hope it comes out soon. Who knows it took forever for the front bumpers to come out.

Wow! That's crazy.

Smittybuilt actually makes a lot of really cool products and their prices seem to be lower than their competitors. It's nice to see them making new products for the XJ.

im to lazy to browse over to there webiste right now. How many places do these guys tie in at? May want one next time im up in the puget sound area John.

Looks alot like a Rocksolid bumper with the highlift cut outs on the front. Speaking of which you say you have some at the shop John. Any chance I could do a little copy infringement and make a stencil of those cut outs? I asked AJ to put some on my bumper but he couldn't quite get it to look right so he gave up. If I had a stencil I can cut some in.

im to lazy to browse over to there webiste right now. How many places do these guys tie in at? May want one next time im up in the puget sound area John.
I'll get some pics of it after lunch.

Maybe. Where'd you see me? Everett today?

Just being a wise guy.
(interested in the tie-in pics!)
I've been feeling feisty, just pulled a 'doh'! in the what did you do to your XJ thread...
...thought I was being made fun of, tried to poke a friendly pointy jab back, and realized I was kind of not so nice.

Back