• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2-3In Lift Leaf Springs with Mil Wrap?

Boostwerks.com

NAXJA Forum User
For some reason my driver's side OME HD main leaf has decided to bow right before the second leaf pad. It's always bothered me that the OME pack isn't double wrapped. If it we're to snap while on the road I'm sure the aftermath would not be good.

My problem though is that I havn't been able to find a Mil Wrapped spring with a low lift height of 2-3" (actual not advertised).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Bryson

Give BDS a call. They should be able to set you up. I have 5" leafs and had to call them for part Number to order. I'm almost positive national or deaver can make them.. But that's big bucks. Be the last pair you'll ever buy though.

Last edited:
For some reason my driver's side OME HD main leaf has decided to bow right before the second leaf pad. It's always bothered me that the OME pack isn't double wrapped. If it we're to snap while on the road I'm sure the aftermath would not be good.

My problem though is that I havn't been able to find a Mil Wrapped spring with a low lift height of 2-3" (actual not advertised).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Bryson

That always bothered me about mine as well. I decided to rebuild my packs with the OME aal. It doesn't wrap around the main leaf, but it does run the entire length, of the underside, of the main leaf.

Could be something to look into.

Iron Rock Offroad sell a 3.5" lift spring with military wrap. You said 2-3" though. They may be too high. Reciently a member here installed a set but did not do follow up/after install posts.

I took a xj main and turned it around to put the big eye over the little eye. It kept the real main from bending around the leaves and in theory it would control spring wrap by holding onto the real main. Anyway maybe it could help at 2-3"

X200000000 on BDS.
worth every penny plus a lifetime unconditional no ?s asked warranty. It breaks or bends, they replace it, end of story. They WANT you to beat on their stuff lol.
I've had my 3" packs for over 4 or 5 years now and haven't lost a bit of lift.

X200000000 on BDS.
worth every penny plus a lifetime unconditional no ?s asked warranty. It breaks or bends, they replace it, end of story. They WANT you to beat on their stuff lol.
I've had my 3" packs for over 4 or 5 years now and haven't lost a bit of lift.

Are they Military Wrap? I looked at the site but it is not user friendly. Got a part number?

According to the older BDS catalog I have, the part # for the BDS 3" full leaf pack is 004209. Catalog specs show 7 leafs in the pack but does not specify mil wrap or not. The picture seems to indicate that the second leaf wraps partially around the front, but not completely.

(Wrong kit, but best picture I could find of the leaf pack)
jk_468H.jpg

The second leaf wraps around the main eye and shackle eye giving complete coverage of the main leaf preventing it from bending like OP described.

Just FYI if you order off BDS web site have them shipped to an authorized dealer (ORW) or something to get free shipping.

Back