• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans to T-case seal issues

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Have a leak between the transmission and t-case. I just installed a 3/8" clocking ring and from searching I found I need a transmission seal spacer as mine is leaking, alot. Transmission is leaking not the t-case.

Also found Teraflex has it, part # 2904400, but it is out of stock. The picture shows a C-A 1011 number on it but Google doesn't bring anything up. So my question is can I make a spacer for the seal or does it need to be a one piece unit as the Teraflex seems to be.

Also the pic attached it the tail-shaft housing for the transmission, should the be a seal or RTV around the larger outside circle or is that just a metal to metal fit? Sorta in the area of the red line.

Man this sucks having to remove all this junk again. ugh, wish the clocking ring instructions would have mentioned this tidbit.

Just wondering what ever came of this? I'm looking to do the same and clock my 231 up and have been reading up on what all is needed. Any other advice you could give?

Thanks!

I ordered the teraflex unit above. I had to take it to the lathe though and machine it to get it to fit inside the AW4 tailpiece. The terflex seal is correct but the seal housing was too big. Silicone it in place and all around the AW4 trail housing flange and bolted it all back up. No leaks since.

I did some floor work with a sledge to get my case up as far as I could, also cut off one of the unneeded casting tabs on the transfer case.

Back