• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle hunting BIGTIME?!?!?!?!?!

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
Kind of short notice but any one feel like doing a Junk Yard run with me down here in the southlands, if you do give me a call...... 619 318 7009 or post up / PM me

Re: Axle hunting BIG TIME?!?!?!?!?!

Kind of short notice but any one feel like doing a Junk Yard run with me down here in the southland's, if you do give me a call...... 619 318 7009 or post up / PM me
forgot to make this clear, i am hunting for a Sterling 10.5 i can disassemble for a fact finding mission before i buy one to cut down for my rig, thinking a PYP or Ecology in chula vista, i mainly wanted to just have some e one to hang out with and BS with while we rummage.....

cant go with ya, but the 50% off sale is may 5-6!
good to know, thanks, i am not buying today unless i find one with a real locker, not the LSD or open carrier they mostly come with, i need to find out about the shafts in them so i can find out if i can cut them down without having to order custom 35 spline shafts. i need to know if they have raised splines or recessed in to the shaft and i need to know if the shaft tapers and becomes a smaller diamiter at some point preventing the shortening and re-splineing of them...... best way to do the fact finding mission is to go pull a shaft myself!!!!

I typically use google image search for these projects.. :)

getfile.php

axle001.jpg

axle003.jpg

I typically use google image search for these projects.. :)

getfile.php

axle001.jpg

axle003.jpg
well with these pics it looks like i will be buying customm shafts for the 10.5 or doing a Dana 80...... fawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( by the way, i did do Google images..... didnt get any like this )

I thought you already had a big Dana in your garage?

BTW the rear axle is the cheap one to build, heck, I'm already
tossing around the idea of building another one with a different
truss set up for mine.

Its only money Troy and you make the big bucks now.
Stop being a tight wad!

:D

Next door neighbor has some full widths he is wanting to sell for like $500 for the pair... Think a d60 14 bolt combo and some full width d44's. I didn't inspect em cuz well I'm not looking to go that route yet.

I thought you already had a big Dana in your garage?

BTW the rear axle is the cheap one to build, heck, I'm already
tossing around the idea of building another one with a different
truss set up for mine.

Its only money Troy and you make the big bucks now.
Stop being a tight wad!

:D
i have been on disability brother!!!!!!! the rear 60 i have is for sale.... geared to 4.56/ spooled/ trussed/ shaved and ruff stuff dif cover, 5 on 5.5 lug pattern, i am going with the 8 on 170 mm patern for the superdutys!!!!

Dissability?
i had a massive heartattack on December 21st, i am now the proud owner of 5 stents!!!! just started back to work on the 10th

what about 14b and just drill in the metric pattern to the rotors and hubs??

Back