• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sad Day In Johnson Valley

praetorian

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/killed-34046-road-children.html

http://www.pe.com/local-news/san-be...p-crash-kills-husband-hospitalizes-family.ece

Not sure if you guys have heard but there's been another needless death in JV. A man, his wife and his young son and daughter were all ejected when their 65 jeep rolled over on Means Dry lake. The man Steven Williams, 30, died from his injuries. Sad thing is the death could have probably been avoided if seat belts had been worn. My prayers go out to the family.

Totally avoidable. Angers me knowing the parents could be so wreckless to have 4 people in a two seater going fast enough to flip 3 times.

I feel bad for the kids.

sad and pointless. even i wear my seatbelt 100% of the time. i definitely wouldnt let a minor in my car without one

Sadly it is still natural selection. at least the kids will learn from their dads mistake and hopefully the mothers learn from hers a 1 year old should not be in a jeep offroad anyway unless properly strapped into some hardcore car seat

A lot of rude offensive comments here. None of you have any idea what ACTUALLY went on.

Wouldn't it be ironic if YOU or your wife made a mistake that cost your life, and all people said about you was. "Natural selection" or "poor jeep"

Geez

A lot of rude offensive comments here. None of you have any idea what ACTUALLY went on.

Wouldn't it be ironic if YOU or your wife made a mistake that cost your life, and all people said about you was. "Natural selection" or "poor jeep"

Geez

I have four kids and we go Jeeping as much as possible. If I ever put my wife and kids through something like this, because I didn't belt them up(or put four people into two seats), I should be shot and dragged through hot coals. I would expect absolutely zero mercy.

Poor kids.

Last edited:
I read about all this on pirate sad.., but bottom line, wear your seat belt, wear your harness, even to drive around the parking lot, you never know, believe me it saved my ass two weeks ago & I still have a head because of it...
onlidII.jpg

Geez
JOHNSON VALLEY • An off-road Jeep crash killed a Northern California man while injuring his wife and two children Wednesday night, the California Highway Patrol reported.

Steven Williams, 30, came from Rohnert Park to the Johnson Valley Off-Highway Vehicle Area with his 30-year-old wife, 4-year-old daughter and 1-year-old son.

At about 7:45 p.m., the family was riding across Means Dry Lake — a popular off-roading area east of Lucerne Valley — in a 1965 Jeep customized for rock-crawling.

CHP officer Joaquin Zubieta said the family was looking for cell phone reception as Williams drove with the 4-year-old girl in his lap while his wife had the 1-year-old boy in her lap.

“Nobody was wearing a seat belt,” Zubieta said.

Traveling east at an unknown speed, Williams lost control of the vehicle for unknown reasons. The Jeep rolled approximately three times and all four passengers were ejected, Zubieta said.

Williams died of major head injuries and unknown internal injuries. The San Bernardino County Coroner planned to conduct an autopsy.

The 1-year-old sustained head trauma and facial lacerations; the 4-year-old had abrasions to her face and both shoulders; and the woman sustained abrasions and complained of pain in her back and shoulder.

The children’s injuries were considered major while the woman’s injuries were considered minor, Zubieta said. All three victims were airlifted to Loma Linda Medical center. Their names were not released

All the info needed is in red.

NEVER drive with children on your laps, esp JV. There are friggen BOMB craters everywhere.

And the fact that they not only didn't have seatbelts but where driving fast enough to roll 3 times is insane. Completely wreckless on the dads part.

My heart breaks for the children who now are father less but this whole thing could have been prevented by the parents acting partially responsible.

Geez

So what you're saying is, that you are condoning irresponsible behaviour by those parents?

I feel bad for the children only.

Geez I don't understand what would posess someone to do that with THEIR KIDS ON THEIR LAPS, even if alcohol was involved this is completely irresponsible. I can bet what is going to happen when the greenies get ahold of this.

Anyone reading this, WEAR YOUR GOD DAMN SEAT BELT AND MAKE SURE YOUR KIDS DO TO!! This really has me pissed off, poor family :(

A real tragedy, reguardles of who/what/ where you wanna point the finger.

That being said @ 28, I don't remember a time before seatbelts. If I am in a vehicle travelling more than a walking pace I feel naked without my belt on.

I would see this as more bolsteing the "cellphones are as dangerous as alcohol argument" than the "anti OHV rednecks throwing beer cans and doing wheelies over wildlife " argument.

In the 90's my son fell out of the XJ at Moab while I straddled the crack. I went to get him out and the knuckle head wasn't wearing his seat belt. He fell flat on his side, I lost it, thought I had been an idiot for not checking him, but he had just unlatched as I opened the door. My point is!! We complain about the government prying into our lives passing laws that are associated with parental decisions. This is why. Which I am TOTALY TOTALY against but where is our argument to them to stay out of our lives when this kind of thing happens. Tremendous tragedy, although I feel for the survivors, I'm with Grimmjeeper this pisses me off too.

I know it has nothing to do with someone not using seat belts or forcing their passengers to, it just give the Sacramento & D.C. crooks more ammo. for their judgements.

Remember the teen that burned down a few hundred acres of park land, because he got lost, in the summer, in socal?
People make bad descisions all the time. Its a fact of life. Some where along the way, we decided to reward the worst behaivior, and eliminate risk.

How many times have you been at your limit while wheeling? How many times do you consider you got lucky?
Its really too bad these kids will have no dad. I think the best thing we can do is take that extra second to make sure everything is accounted for. :/rant:

how many fatality accidents do you think happened on our road ways just today? Jeep related fatalities are very uncommon, but when they do happen they get a lot of attention because if it. were these parents negligent? probably so. it is truly sad. learn from it, and go on. this family will suffer for way too long.

Back